Let us understand what is the Right to Health Bill? What will people benefit from the Right to Health Bill? Why is the Right to Health Bill being opposed? And what does the state government have to say about this whole matter? Let’s get started.
The Right to Health Bill was one of the poll promises of the ruling Congress in the 2018 Rajasthan Assembly elections. For the first time in the financial year 2022-23, CM Ashok Gehlot announced to bring the Right to Health Bill. According to it, the bill was introduced in the Assembly in September 2022 but could not move forward due to various other reasons, including the provision of mandatory free emergency treatment. Due to heavy opposition, the bill was sent to the Select Committee. After which it was passed on Tuesday in the current budget session.
What are the benefits of the Right to Health Bill?
In the simplest terms, patients should not be forbidden for treatment in private hospitals, that is why the Right to Health Bill has been brought. Under the Bill, the state government will compensate the concerned patient in case the expenses of treatment in an emergency are not borne. The State Health Authority Logistical Complaints has also been constituted under the Right to Health Bill. Also, there is a provision for district level authority.
The second reason is that land has been provided by the state government to big private hospitals of the state at a subsidized rate. A provision has been made to connect these hospitals under the Right to Health Bill. This bill will provide these rights and benefits to the residents of Rajasthan.
– Residents of Rajasthan have the right to seek information to keep themselves healthy.
– Right to free consultation, medicines, treatment, emergency transportation and emergency care in all designated public health institutions.
- Right of residents of Rajasthan to free/affordable care for surgeries in all public hospitals notified.
– Residents of Rajasthan covered under Chiranjeevi Scheme have the right to avail free services under the insurance scheme through hospitals listed under the insurance scheme.
– Right to get free services to the residents of Rajasthan in private hospitals established through land allotment.
- All health care establishments will have the right to proper referral transportation, public or private.
– Right to take treatment summary in case the patient leaves even after consultation with the doctor.
– Right to hear any complaint that has occurred after availing the services.
– Right to receive the body to the family member or authorized person of the deceased, despite payment remaining from each health center, etc.
Latest News= https://happenrecently.com/